GET AN ATRRS PORTAL CAC ACCESS BY PLUGGING IN A COMMON ACCESS CARD (CAC) READER ON A BASE COMPUTER, ALONG WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE (DOD) CERTIFICATE.
Before accessing any ATRRS course you want to join, you need to go to the ATRRS portal page first. You need an account to do so. One of the most recent login options is by selecting the Common Card Access or CAC. This article will discuss the ATRRS portal and the login steps required in ATTRS Portal CAC access.
The ATRRS Portal
ATRRS stands for Army Training Requirements and Resources System. It has a nickname as the “system of record” in the armed forces. By definition, ATRRS is an online and real-time U.S. Army’s Information Management System. This system provides resources and manages various training courses.
ATRRS portal is also a training management system. It keeps the training records enrolled and attended by the Army serving and civilian members. In addition to the training participation, this portal system also offers many features. For example, it deals with the class schedules, specifies the class quotas, or books the seat reservations.
Common Access Card
A Common Access Card (CAC) is a smart card for standard identification that is as big as a credit card in size. The Department of Defense (DoD) issues this card for its members and affiliated stakeholders. You can call or visit the Department of Defense’s DEERS/RAPIDS (Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System/Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) to get a CAC certificate.
The ATRRS Portal CAC Access
To simply put, the ATRRS Portal offers helpful information about what-so-called the Course Catalog. The following are several steps you need to follow for completing the ATRRS Portal CAC login.
- Once receive a CAC certificate, you need to get a CAC reader.
- Install the CAC reader driver on your computer.
- You also need to install the DoD certificates on your computer. You can obtain the DoD certificates by going to https://www.hrcapps.army.mil/portal/.
- You can go to the official ATRRS portal or copy and paste this link (www.hrcapps.army.mil/portal/) to your URL.
- On the front page, you will see a welcome page with an ATTENTION note. It informs that the U.S. Government routinely monitors the website.
- Click on the “Use your CAC” button at the “My Record Portal Login Box” tab.
- There will be an immediate redirection to the EAMS-A (Enterprise Access Management System-Army) login page, namely “EAMS-A Login Single Sign-On”.
- Select “CAC/PKI login” and follow the available instructions.
You can have a successful login and access to the ATRRS Portal CAC as long as you complete all the requirements. Also, you have to follow every detail of the instructions carefully to prevent any mistake or even trouble.