ALL U.S. ARMY SERVICE MEMBERS CAN ACCESS AKO — ARMY KNOWLEDGE ONLINE. MANDATORY FOR THE RECRUITS, REGISTERING TO THE AKO ARMY ACCOUNT PORTAL IS NOT THAT HARD.
The Army Knowledge Online (AKO) and hence the AKO army registered account allow the authorized U.S. soldiers to access the web-based platform for knowledge sharing, training, and careers. Dubbed as one of the largest intranets in the world, AKO is a resourceful coordinating tool for the incoming personnel, those preparing for retirement or leaving the troops, costumers of the Department of Defense, and more.
The AKO Account
There are two types of AKO account, namely the full account and the guest account.
1. AKO Online Login Authorized Users
As of October 2010, the incoming troops and some of the authorized personnel are mandated to have AKO army full accounts. The authorized users are:
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- National Guard
- Army Retired
- Medical Retired
- Contracted ROTC Cadets
- U.S. Military Academy Cadets
- DA Civilian
- NAF Civilian
- Future Soldiers
2. AKO Online Login Guest Account
This guest account asks for Army sponsorship from a holder of an authorized full account. The list of guest users are as follow:
- Army Volunteer
- Federal Civilian Agencies
- Attached-to-U.S Army Foreign Officers
- Homeland Security
- Upcoming DA Civilian
- Upcoming Future Soldier
- Local National Employee
- Medical Discharge
- Military Transition
- MS I And II Of ROTC Cadets
How To Register With An AKO Account?
The following are some things to consider for accessing the AKO army portal or applying for an AKO account:
1. An Authorized User
- See the above list for this user criteria.
- The recruiter will help the incoming troops with the setting up of their accounts.
- For those already serving, guarantor’s credentials and sponsorships are the requirements for creating a new account.
2. Applying For an AKO Access
- Go to us.army.mil.
- Click the “I Accept” button to continue to the Army’s Enterprise Access Management page.
- Click the “Create Account” button.
- You need your Social Security Number to make a new account.
- Select your appropriate Army status, for example, as a recruit, an Active Duty, Guard/Reserve personnel, contractor, or others.
- Further completion is:
- Your date of birth;
- The AKO username of your sponsor;
- Your contact information;
- Your secondary email address;
- A new password according to requirements of DoD Strong Password;
- Security questions and your answers.
- Click on “Complete Registration”.
- For guest accounts, once you finish the account registration, it requires approval from your sponsor. If you need additional help on your new account, coordinate it with your sponsor.
For further registration information, please contact the Army Knowledge Online here or call the AKO Helpdesk at 1-866-335-ARMY (2769). You can also ask about your newly active AKO army account or check your allegedly old, inactive one.